Quilting is so easy now with the new Basting Spray by Therm O Web. It makes sewing fast and fun
without the use of pins. All you have to do is:
1. Prewash appliqué and quilt face fabrics before using (without fabric softeners). Pretest
SpraynBond™ on a scrap piece of fabric before starting project.
2. Cut out your appliqué shape. Here is a PDF of the adorable butterfly shapes for you to use as
3. Shake SpraynBond™ can well. Spray the back of the appliqué butterfly with SpraynBond™
Basting Spray in a sweeping motion. (Insert the Spray picture)
4. Place the sprayed butterfly on the quilt face while it is still tacky. If you don’t like where you
placed it you can just peel it off and re-stick it till you are happy with your placement.
5. Once the butterflies are on the project as you like them, simply them into place. You could use
an embroidery foot or a walking foot. The use of SpraynBond™ saves you a lot of time pinning
and while sewing as there are no pins to take out as you sew.
6. Quilt as desired.
7. Wash the project. The spray washes out leaving your quilt nice and soft.
Project designed and created by Jenifer Cowles.
Here is a cute but very simple quilt that made using this technique. Just imagine all the possibilities.
Sewing just got a little bit easier. And for help with the butterfly shapes, don’t forget to print the PDF
of some of the butterflies used in the quilt. You can also enlarge or shrink them for more options while
making this quilt!